Awards and Recognitions
- Women’s Excellence Achievement Awards Program – Jaipur. Usha Choudhary was one of 25 women to receive an award at the WEAA India Awards. Usha was selected for her outstanding work in preventing child marriages in her home state of Rajasthan.
- 13th AWID International Forum – Bahia, Brazil. Usha Choudhary was invited to participate and sit on a panel at the AWID International Forum, where women’s rights activist from over the globe gather for four days to share ideas, exchange experiences and discuss the future direction of this growing social movement.
- Clinton Foundation No Ceilings: Full Participation Launch – New York. Vikalp co-founders Usha Choudhary and Yogesh Vaishnav were invited to present as keynote speakers at the Launch of the Clinton Foundation’s international No Ceilings initiative, alongside other prominent international activists including Hillary Clinton.
- Girls not Brides International Member Summit – Casablanca. Usha Choudhary was invited to act as an expert speaker on two panels on various topics related to innovation in the prevention of child marriages.
- MenEngage Alliance International Conference on Masculinity – New York and Washington DC. Yogesh Vaishnav invited to present as speaker in panels on Synchronizing Gender Strategies: Working with Men and Women to Transform Gender Relations and Engaging Men and Boys to End Child Marriage.
- Celebrating Womanhood Award: Usha Choudhary – Program Director and Co-founder of Vikalp, Usha Choudhary received the prestigious Celebrating Womanhood Award from the Women Development Cell of Shivaji College, University of Delhi, in recognition of her tireless work with Vikalp Sansthan campaigning for the rights of women and girls.
- L’Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards: Usha Choudhary – Program Director and co-founder of Vikalp, Usha Choudhary was recognized as one of seventeen “Women of Worth” at the 2013 L’Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards. This annual award celebrates women across India who have made a difference in fields such as social impact, science and innovation, art, business and education.
- Dainik Bhaskar Woman of the Year: Usha Choudhary – Due to her outstanding work to end child marriage, violence against women and to advance the rights of girls, Usha Choudhary was selected to receive Dainik Bhaskar’s Woman of the Year Award for the state of Rajasthan. The award is an appreciation of remarkable women who have done commendable work in their respective fields.
- Celebrating Being a Woman, Rajasthan: Usha Choudhary – Recognized for her exceptional work in the field of women’s empowerment, Usha Choudhary was chosen for the state of Rajasthan by Prem Mandir Sansthan and ETV Rajasthan to celebrate being a woman.